Friday, March 23, 2012

Another First Time

The journey continues...

This first time here has not only been a teaching experience, but it has been by far more of a learning experience.  

I taught kids for the first time.  And because the school year is now ending (In Japan, the educational year starts in April and finishes in Feb/March), I have to say goodbye to my classes.  Watching them grow for an entire year has been fulfilling.  There have been times where it has tested my patience, but in the end, I'm going to miss those kids.  It has been a privilege.

One unique thing about this job is that I get to teach kids of all ages, every single week.  Imagine having to teach kindergarten, elementary school, junior high school, and high school every week, sometimes on the same day.  It can be challenging at times.  Yet, it has been the most rewarding.  It has given me the opportunity to work and learn with other human beings, no matter what age.

I have learned that to be a great teacher, you have to do everything you can to make sure that your kids are successful.  And if you want your students to be successful, you have to constantly decipher where your kids' heads are and teach them according to that understanding.

Here's some of them:


My favorite class.  The 4-5 year olds.



The 6-7 year olds.

   

The 8-9 year olds.



The smart, bashful one.



The smart, charismatic one.



The boys.



And here's Yui, the spirited one.





And for desert.
Here's a video of Karen and I climbing Mt. Fuji last summer.
Best sunrise I have ever seen.




And the Beat Goes On...


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thats what I call a hike cuzzo, you and Karen did it like "Marines" You've always been a person looking at the brighter side of life, never wanting stay still, and always willing to learn and grow! You look rejuvinated and even more full of life! Keep livin life cuzzo, much love for ya and Krizzy says "HI"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fellas. I appreciate you guys taking the time to read. It means alot

    ReplyDelete